If the Control Setting is one of the PO Line options, the values entered on the Control Line for Quantity or Cost will determine the total quantity or cost allowed for the releases for the item.
If the Control Setting is one of the PO options, the values entered for Quantity and Cost on the Control Line are less important. In this case they serve more as defaults for release lines. For example, if the Control Line is for a service which has a rate of $150 per hour, you can enter $150 as the Unit Cost and have that default on the release lines.
Control Lines are entered in the Blanket PO Entry window in the same manner Items are normally added to a Purchase Order.
The Subtotal and Total on the Blanket PO Entry window display the total of the Releases. Once Releases have been entered, you can toggle between showing them or hiding them in the scrolling window by selecting Additional >> Show/Hide Releases.
Other important considerations when entering Control Lines in the Blanket PO Entry window:
- Control Lines are numbered by 1000 (or whatever value was entered in Setup). The first control line is 1000, the second is 2000. That means you can have up to 999 releases per Control Line.
- All Items used on a Blanket PO must have the Purchase Tax Option = Nontaxable (on Item Maintenance).
- The Non-Inventoried Item Tax Option in Purchase Order Processing Setup must be set to Nontaxable.
- Extended Cost and Quantity Canceled are NOT editable. The Control Lines are immediately canceled as soon as they are entered to prevent them from being seen as inventory on order.
- On Control Lines the Item Number, Quantity Ordered, Unit Cost, Item Description, and Warehouse will be editable. If there are NO Release Lines the U of M will be editable.
- On Release Lines only the Item Number and Item Description will be editable.
- On the Purchasing Item Detail Entry window the fields in the lower 2/3 of the window will still be editable (i.e. the dates, Inventory Account, and so on), but the same “header” fields will be editable/not-editable as described above.
- The Trade Discount, Freight, Miscellaneous and Tax fields (and expansion buttons) will be locked. Blanket PO does not support amounts in these fields.