The IMPORT section of the window is used to run the MOGenerator Core Utilities and MO Receipt Integration. Everything entered here is saved on a per User ID basis, so the window will redisplay the same settings the next time the window is opened.
Run Import: There are two options: Once and Continuously. Normally when importing from a spreadsheet you will use the “Once” option, which will read the spreadsheet, create MOs, and then stop.
However, it could also be run continuously on a timed basis if there is a process outside of GP that regularly populates the spreadsheet with new MOs that need to be created. If the Delete Excel File After Import option is marked, the file will be deleted after importing it. An external process could then create a “new” file (using the same name), populated with a new list of Items.
Every x-Minutes: By default, MOGen will check for an import file every minute. This value can be set from 1 to 32,767 minutes. If the file does not exist, and error will be added to the Error Log, and MOGen will wait for another x-Minutes before it checks again.
The interval with which MOGen runs can by timed in such a way that it coordinates with an external process. For example, when using one of the Excel import utilities, the Delete Excel File After Import option can be marked to have the utility automatically delete the file when it completes. An external process can then run to recreate the import file with new data, which MOGen will read the next time it runs. So, if MOGen runs every hour, that provides time to process the file, delete the file, then wait for a new file to be created before starting up again.
Import Type: select the utility you want to run. Options are:
- Excel: Create MO- see the Core Utilities: Create MOs chapter for more information
- Excel: Create Child MOs – see the Core Utilities: Create Childs MOschapter for more information
- Excel: MO Scheduler – see the Core Utilities: MO Scheduler chapter for more information
- Table: Create MO- see the Core Utilities: Create MOs chapter for more information
- Table: Create Child MOs – see the Core Utilities: Create Childs MOschapter for more information
- Table: MO Scheduler – see the Core Utilities: MO Scheduler chapter for more information
- Table: MO Receipt Integration – the second half of the manual is dedicated to this utility. See the MO Receipt Integration chapter for an overview, and the chapters that follow.
The Registration Key controls which utilities appear in the dropdown list, so all options listed above may not be visible.
File: For any of the “Excel” import utilities, select the Excel file to import.
Timer: The Timer can only be used when running the utilities in Continuous mode. The Timer provides an option to run a utility unattended for a certain number of hours, after which it terminates itself and closes GP.
Set Timer to Enabled
Stop After: Enter the number of hours the utility should run before stopping.
Close GP When Done: when the stop time is reached, if this option is marked, Dynamics GP will automatically close.
Use System Date: if MOGen runs overnight the date change can cause Dynamics GP to pop-up a dialog box asking to change the time. This will cause MOGen to fail. To prevent the date change dialog from opening, add this switch to the dex.ini file:
Mark the Use System Date option to have MOGen automatically change the GP User Date when the System Date (server date) changes.