Serial Number Mass Entry (SNME) is a cut-and-paste utility for performing mass-entry of a large number of Serial Numbers. It integrates into all of the Dynamics GP windows that are used for serial number entry, as well as Manufacturing and Service windows.
Navigation: Tools >> Setup >> Manufacturing >> MFG PowerPack Setup
Mark the box next to “Serial Number Mass Entry”. Restart Dynamics GP to enable this feature for all users.
Serial Number Mass Entry is available from the Additional >> Serial Number Mass Entry menu for the following windows:
- Item Transaction Entry
- Item Transfer Entry
- Purchasing Order Receipt
- Purchasing Returns
- Sales Transaction Entry
- Manufacturing Order Entry
- Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry
- Manufacturing Receipt Entry
- Service Intransit-Transfer Entry
- Service RMA Entry
- Service Internal RMA Entry
- Service RTV Entry
- Service Depot Entry
From a Serial Number Entry window, go to Extras >> Additional >> Serial Number Mass Entry. Cut and paste the list of serial numbers from another document, such as an email or spreadsheet, into the Serial Number Mass Entry window, then click ENTER.
For a transaction where you must select from existing serial numbers (such as a negative inventory adjustment), the window will only accept “valid” serial numbers (i.e. the must exist in GP), and the “invalid” numbers will be rejected.
It will also reject a Serial Number from the list if it is longer than 20 characters.
If the transaction is adding inventory, SNME will check if the serial number already exists in GP or is on another transaction adding the serial into GP, and reject those serials from the list.
If the transaction is removing inventory from a site/bin, SNME will check if the serial number is available to be used. If not, the serial number will be rejected.
After clicking the ENTER button, SNME will use the serial numbers that it can and add those to the Serial Number Entry window in GP. Any serials that could not be used will remain in the window as a “Rejected” list.
The Tools menu provides a handful of utilities for making mass changes to the list of pasted Serial Number.
- Add Prefix – adds a user entered prefix to all of the serials
- Add Suffix – adds a user entered suffix to all of the serials
- Make Upper Case – if the pasted serials contain lower case letters, this Tool will convert all characters to upper case
- Remove Non-Alpha-Numerics – removes special characters like dashes, asterisks, carats, etc.
- Copy Available – copies all Serial Numbers from the “Available Serial Numbers Scroll” into the SNME window. Clicking ENTER then auto-enters enough serials to meet the quantity needed. Use “Copy Available” to add “Auto-Select” functionality to any serial number entry window in GP.