Edit MO Status (EMOS) Options adds the following features to the GP Manufacturing Edit MO Status window:
- Select which Scheduling Preference to use when creating MOs
- Override the default MO Description (which normally is set to the MRP-MO Number) with a user entered value
- Restrict the display to show only MOs linked to SOs, and several MO selection options for MOP-SOP linked MOs.
- APS Integration: restricts the view to show only MOs scheduled by an external Advanced Planning & Scheduling software package, such as Planet Together.
The bottom half of the EMOS Options window belong to EMOS Query, which is explained elsewhere in this manual (see the EMOS Query section).
Navigation: Tools >> Setup >> Manufacturing >> MFG PowerPack Setup
Mark the box next to “TWK: Edit MO Status Options”.
Click DONE on the MFG PowerPack Setup window.
This Tweak will be active immediately for the current user. Other users will need to close GP, then log-in again to activate it.
Enabling this Tweak adds and Additional Menu option to the Edit MO Status window: Additional >> EMOS Options.
Navigation: Transactions >> Manufacturing >> Manufacturing Orders >> Edit MO Status. Then Additional >> EMOS Options, or press CTRL+O.
The top section of the window belongs to the EMOS Options Tweak. The bottom section belongs to EMOS Query. One section may be disabled depending on whether it is registered and/or enabled.
Scheduling Preference: When creating MOs from MRP Planned Orders you can create them using a specific Scheduling Preference rather than the default. One use for this is to ensure MOs are created with the desired Draw From Site. When MRP Plans a multi-site environment, it will set the Post To site on an MO to meet the demand in a specific Site (i.e. to meet Sales Order demand in Site SOUTH), but since it uses the Default Scheduling Preference, the Draw From site might always be WAREHOUSE. You can restrict the EMOS window by Post To Site (so it shows only SOUTH), and then use a Scheduling Preference that has the desired Draw From Site (i.e. SOUTH). You must leave the Edit MO Status – Options window open while creating MOs.
Update Description: Clicking the Update Description button will update the Description in the scrolling window for the marked MOs (or MMOs). If a “real” MO is selected, the Description on the MO will be updated at the same time. If the MO Description field on MMOs is left blank, when MOs are created the Description will be set to the MRP-MO Number (which is normal GP functionality).
MOP-SOP Restriction Criteria
- Linked To Sales Transaction: mark this box and click refresh to make the EMOS window show only MOs linked to Sales Orders.
- SOP Number Contains: enter a SOP Number to see all MOs linked to it.
- Customer Number Contains: enter a Customer Number to see all MOs linked to SOs for a specific customer. In the example above “AA” would return all documents linked to Sales Order where the Customer Number contains AA.
- SOP Batch Contains: enter a SOP Batch Number to see all MOs linked to SOs in the specified Batch.
APS Integration: Mark this box to restrict the EMOS window so it shows only MOs that have been scheduled/planned by an external Advanced Planning & Scheduling software package, such as Planet Together.
When Planet Together updates the scheduling information in GP Manufacturing, it sets a flag on the MOP_Order_MSTR (WO010032): WO010032.PLNNDSPPLID = 999.
The APS Integration option looks for MOs with this flag. When the MO Status is changed to Released (or any Status above Open), the APS Integration will remove the 999 flag. If an MO is changed back to Open and sent again to Planet Together, when its schedule is updated the flag will again be set to 999.