Sales Pro adds a sophisticated Item Lookup to Sales Transaction Entry which dramatically improves a user’s ability to service a customer, respond knowledgeably and quickly to customer inquiries, and to suggestively sell additional items.
Sales Pro highlights:
- Perform a wild-card search to locate items quickly
- See a list of items previously purchased by the customer
- Locate available inventory in multiple sites
- See sales analysis for items, such as min/max/avg quantity purchased, and min/max price paid on historical invoices
- See other items previously bought along with another selected item
Navigation: Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Setup GP PowerPack
Mark the box next to MODULE: Sales Pro, then click DONE.
The feature will be enabled for the current user. Other users must restart their Dynamics GP client to enable this feature.
Sales Pro is an enhanced Item Lookup, and in many ways behaves exactly like the normal Item Lookup. Once exception, however, is the Wild Card Search, which is described further below.
From Sales Transaction Entry, click the Lookup button to open Sales Pro. You can also press CTRL+L. If you put in the first few characters of an Item Number, such as “FA”, before opening Sales Pro, the Sales Pro item list will be positioned to “FA” in the list of items.
The Sales Pro window shows a large amount of information about a customer’s order history and order patterns. By default, the main “lookup” window (window A) displays Customer History. This is a list of all items previously purchased (invoiced) by this customer.
The first line of the Customer History view shows the columns listed below. Aside from Quantity Available, all fields are based on invoices selected for the Customer ID and Ship To Address Code. If no Address Code is selected, then all invoices for the Customer are selected regardless of the Ship To.
- Item Number
- Quantity Available – this is the Quantity On Hand minus Quantity Allocated for the Site ID shown in the upper-right hand corner.
- Minimum Quantity Ordered
- Maximum Quantity Ordered
- Average Order Quantity
- Minimum Price paid
- Maximum Price paid
Expanding Window A shows the fields listed below. Times Ordered, First Ordered and Recent Order are based on the selected Ship To Address Code. If no Address Code is selected, those fields are based on all invoices for the Customer.
- Item Description
- QTY On Order – for the site shown in the upper-right
- QTY On Hand – for the site shown in the upper-right
- QTY Allocated – for the site shown in the upper-right
- QTY on BO – for the site shown in the upper-right
- Times Ordered – a count of the number of invoices containing the item
- First Ordered – first invoice date of an invoice containing the item
- Recent Order – the most recent invoice date of an invoice containing the item
Clicking on an item in Window A causes Windows B and C to redisplay. The selected item is also displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
The GoTo button uses the “selected item” displayed in the right-hand corner of the window, the Customer ID, and the Site ID to populate the corresponding fields when windows are opened via the GoTo button. NOTE: The menu items available on the GoTo button are controlled by Dynamics GP User Security, so all options may not be available for all users.
To select an item onto Sales Transaction Entry, either click on the item and click SELECT, or simply double-click on the Item Number.
Window B – Inventory Availability
The default view for this window is to show only sites that have Quantity Available greater than zero. The SHOW drop-down box changes the view to show:
- All Sites: the inventory quantities in all sites, regardless of actual availability
- Qty On Hand: all sites that have ANY quantity on hand, regardless of availability.
The TOTAL row always appears at the top and is the sum of the displayed sites.
Window C – Invoice History / Co-Purchased Items
The default view shows all invoices containing the selected item. The list sorts by the Ship Date. The SHOW drop-down box changes the view to show “Items bought with the selected item”.
The “Items bought with selected item” looks at historical invoices to see what items appeared on invoices along with the selected item.
The ALL ITEMS view (upper left corner) changes the Lookup window (Window A) to show all inventory items (just like the normal Item Lookup).
Search for items in either the Customer History or All Items view by putting one or more characters into the Find Item field.
When you tab-out of the field (or click Refresh), the Lookup window will reposition to display the list starting with the entered character. For example, entering “T” will reposition the list to the beginning of the “T” item numbers.
Sales Pro also performs a “contains” search.
To perform a “contains” search, enter a question mark followed by the term for which you want to search. As shown above, “?BLUE” returns all items containing the word BLUE in the Item Number or Item Description.
The contains search can also be executed directly from Sales Transaction Entry.
To perform a contains search from Sales Transaction Entry, enter a question mark followed by the search term (i.e. BLUE), then press CTRL+L or click the Lookup button to open Sales Pro.