Navigation: Transactions >> Inventory >> Submit Stock Tags
The Stock Tag Submission Wizard will prepare the Stock Tags so that they can be added and entered as the Counted Quantity on the Stock Count.
Multiple Counts can be submitted at the same time. Select the count(s) you want to submit by marking the checkbox.
Users cannot have the Stock Count open in any other window. The system checks for activity in the following windows:
- Dynamics GP: Stock Count Schedule
- Dynamics GP: Stock Count Entry
- CompleteCount: Tag Entry
- CompleteCount: Stock Tag Submission Wizard
If a Stock Count is being edited elsewhere in the system will receive a warning and be prevented from marking the count.
Mark one or more Stock Counts and click Next. When you mark a Count for submission, CompleteCount will check that a count has been entered. If there are no counted items, or the count for all items is zero, you will receive this warning:
You can click NO, and the Count will not be marked for Submission. If the Count is correct in setting the On Hand inventory for all Items on the count to zero, click YES.
The next screen shows the preparation tasks that will be performed. Each Preparation Task is discussed in detail in the Preparation Tasks section.
Click Next when ready to begin. This step does not Submit the count(s). You can run Stock Counts through the Preparation Tasks at any point to see if there are errors, and then Cancel when they are complete.
If any task generates errors, there will be a red X next to the Task. The count(s) cannot be submitted if any errors occur.
Double-click on an error line to view the details. Click the PRINT button to print all errors.
The complete error message is displayed in the far-right column (scroll the window to the right to see the error message).
Tags can be opened by double-clicking the error line.
Click the Back button to return to the Task Preparation window.
If you encounter any errors, print the error report and close the Submission Wizard. You will need to resolve any errors and restart the Submission process.
A quick way to resolve many errors is to set the Tag Status to Void or Excluded, then restart the Submission Wizard, however any “uncounted” Items on the Stock Count will then be zeroed during the Tag Submission process.
NOTE: If you are using Tolerance and you encounter a tolerance error, see the Tolerance Section for instructions on how to address the issue. You will NOT be able to submit the Count until the tolerance issues are addressed.
If there are no errors, click Next.
Click the Submit button. This process will total the count for each Item-Site combination counted on the tags. The total quantity will be entered as the Counted Quantity in the Stock Count module, and the variance quantity will be calculated.
See Submission Process for more detail.
When the process is complete, click Done.
- Void Unused Blank Tags: Sets the Tag Status to Voided on unused, Blank Tags.
- Set uncounted, Assigned Tags to zero: An assumption is made that if an Assigned Tag does not have a count entered (i.e. the Tag Status is still New), that there is no inventory for that Item-Site or Item-Site-Bin. All such tags have a count entered of zero on the Tag, and the Tag status is set to Counted.
- Create new Item-Site combinations in Inventory: For all Tags with a Status of Counted or Recounted, if the Item-Site on the Tag does not exist in GP, a new Item-Site record will be created. It also creates a new Site Master record, if needed.
- Create new Item-Site-Bin combinations in Inventory: For all Tags with a Status of Counted or Recounted, if the Item-Site-Bin combination does not exist in GP, a new Item-Site-Bin record will be created. It also creates a new Site-Bin Master record, if needed.
- Add new Item-Site combination to Stock Count: Adds new records to the Stock Count if an Item-Site or Item-Site-Bin combination was recorded on a Tag that was not originally on the Stock Count.
- Validate Item Numbers, Sites & Bins: Checks that Items, Sites and Site-Bin records exist.
- Calculate Tag Totals: Recalculates the total count recorded on each Tag to ensure to Tag Header quantity matches the Tag Details.
- Check Serial Number Errors: Checks for the following-
- Serial Numbers duplicated on another Stock Count
- Serial Numbers counted in one Site/Bin but allocated in a Site/Bin that was not on the count
- Serial Numbers that were counted, but that were not captured, because they are on an unposted transaction adding them to the system (i.e. they were put into inventory before the transaction was posted).
- Serial Numbers duplicated within a Count (i.e. the same Serial Number was recorded on multiple Tags).
- Recalculate Tag Error State: Rechecks that the steps above created missing records, and validates serial/lot quantities.
- Item-Site recorded on Tag exists in GP
- Item-Site recorded on Tag exists on the Count
- Item-Site-Bin recorded on Tag exists in GP
- Item-Site-Bin recorded on Tag exists on the Count
- Quantity of Serial/Lot recorded matches total Item Quantity recorded
- Reconcile Allocations
- Item level allocations: this step is skipped if Allow Variance Overrides is enabled, otherwise it checks if the total quantity counted for an item is less than the quantity allocated.
- Lot allocations: checks for Counted Lot Quantity less than Captured Lot Quantity. Lot allocations cannot be overridden because it could require unallocating inventory from a transaction.
- Serial allocations: serial numbers Captured but not Counted need to have the quantity reduced to zero, they should not be allocated.
- Check Tolerance: if Tolerance is enabled, checks for any Item where the total count is outside the allowed variance for that Item-Site.
If all Preparation Tasks are OK, the final step is submitting the count back into the Dynamics GP Stock Count. For each Counted or Recounted tag:
- The quantity is added to the Stock Count line. The line is marked as Verified.
- Captured Serial/Lot numbers are verified. If they were captured when the Count was started, they are marked as Verified and the Counted Quantity is set.
- New Serial/Lot numbers are added. If a new Lot Number is added, the Lot Attributes recorded in Tag Entry are used to set the Lot Attributes in GP.
- Captured, un-counted Items have their count set to zero, and are marked as Verified.
- Captured, un-counted Serial/Lots have their count set to zero, and are marked as Verified.