An estimate can be calculated for any number of user defined quantities.
By default ME will always create one for for Quantity = 1. This line (for Quantity = 1) cannot be removed.
- Accept: mark which line, or lines, have been accepted by your Customer. If the Estimate is linked to a Sales Quote line, and multiple Estimation Quantities are accepted, additional lines will be added to the Quote for each accepted quantity.
- Esimation Quantity: enter a quantity for which you would like to calculate an estimate.
- % Markup/Margin: the column header will display either % Markup or % Margin, depending on the Price Method selected on the Item Price List Maintenance window for the Source Item. If the primary Item Number on your estimate is already an Item in GP, the the Price Method is used from that item. If you enter a percentage in this column the system will calculate the Unit Price. Enter the Estimation Quantity and Markup/Margin, then click Recalculate.
- Unit Price: you can manually enter a Unit Price. If a value exists in the Markup/Margin column it will be set to zero when a Unit Price is manually entered.
- Unit Cost: This is calculated from the BOM, Routing and Other Costs. The Unit Cost may be lower at larger Estimation Quantities because fixed costs in the estimate are spread across a larger number of items. For example, if one of the Other Costs is $1500 for certification testing, the impact of that cost is smaller when spread across 1000 pieces rather than 10 pieces.
- Profit: This is the difference between the extended Cost and the extended Price at a given Estimation Quantity.
The Recalculate button recalculates the costing information based on the Estimation Quantities. NOTE: this does not perform a complete cost rollup (see Cost Rollup below). It uses the current costing information from the BOM’s top-level to recalculate the Unit Cost, Total Cost, and Profit. You may need to perform a Cost Rollup on the Estimate, then return to the Estimation Quantities window and Recalculate to arrive at an accurate estimate.
Update SOP is enabled if the ME is linked to a Sales Quote. One or more of the Estimation Quantities can be sent back to the linked Sales Quote by clicking the Update SOP button. Update SOP can be clicked multiple times as changes are made to the ME. If additional Estimation Quantities are added, click Update SOP again to send the additional lines to the Quote. Likewise, lines can be removed from the Quote by unmarking Estimation Quantities.
When Multi-Currency is enabled, the ME and Estimation Quantities are in the Functional Currency. However, Update SOP will calculate the Originating Amounts using the Currency assigned to the Sales Quote.